T20 - India Vs Sri Lanka

It really rocked to see the Pathans bat India to victory. It was the equation of 46 off 26 when I changed the channel with all the batsmen back in the dug-out and India looking and staring at a defeat. When India was first rocked at 14/2, the third wicket partnership looked so strong that, it seemed that Yuvraj and Raina would finish off the job in a matter of time. But the double stroke that India suffered losing both Yuvi and Raina one after the other gave the Islandrs a good chance of a comeback and a fightback. Actually the way Raina got out was very disappointing in a spectator's point of view. The shot to which he got out was really not necessary at that stage. Because he had already hit a six in that over and was looking to go over the top once again. Then Dhoni too got out cheaply. And India really really looked quite hopeless with 7 down and the target suddenly looked ages far. But the way Yusuf and Irfan batted was just breath-taking. I was so disappointed at seeing the Indian plight that I no longer wished to watch the match. But just took a chance to see the score as I couldn't help myself. And I was so lucky to see the reamining match that, I thanked the heavens a million times. Had I not switched the channel, I would have missed a lot of great action which you do not get to see. What was more satisfying was the way Lankan fans were responding. There were so crest-fallen. But all the credit to the Pathans. Congratulations to Team India!

0 comments: