Walk Out!

Yes. Everyone would advocate this stance taken by the captain. And as far as I know that was not the instance to happen in this series. I think, but am not sure, that something wrong had happened even to Ishant Sharma. This was in one of the previous matches when the 24th over by Yusuf Pathan was on. I am not too sure as to what had happened, but there too play was stopped for a while. Incidents like these were not expected of the Lankans, at least. And when the same thing was repeated the second time, then it was right on the part of Dhoni to lead his team out. And as far as I know, the fielding team's captain has every right to lead his players to safety. Because safety comes first for everyone. And when Dhoni led his team out even at that point of time, Team India's position was strong. It was not as if Dhoni and India wanted to duck away from the match. So I think whatever Dhoni did was absolutely right.

0 comments: